Position: Sales Engineer – Canada
ZOOK Canada Inc., a steadily growing manufacturing company located in Burlington ON and specializing in over-pressure safety equipment, is seeking a Sales Engineer with 2+ years’ experience in technical sales or customer service.
The Ideal candidate will be a high energy, result-oriented sales professional, who can provide timely support to our customers and customer service teams. Must be able to quote prospective applications quickly and efficiently to our direct sale customers, channel partners and our three ZOOK sales offices.
Duties and Responsibilities include :
- Develop a clear understanding of our products & services, features & benefits
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Interact with co-workers and clients to provide sales support including tracking of ongoing orders and shipments, expediting or checking on delivery status.
- Comply Provincial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Follow up with customers on incoming requests for quotes and sales leads
- Assess new project inquiries, carry out cost estimates as needed, and prepare quotations
- Perform sizing calculations to establish the needs of the customer and offer suitable solutions.
- Process orders and send order acknowledgments to customers.
- Investigate customer service-related issues in an efficient and professional manner and report to management.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed
- Review sales orders for inaccuracies and monitor orders through to completion
- Maintain customer contact database, adding any new relevant information on customer accounts
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Design, Quality and Shipping departments on daily basis, monitor status of open orders and communicate priority orders to the shop.
- Attend production, customer service, and sales meetings as required
- Perform ongoing assignments to assist the Sales department
- Technical Diploma or equivalent experience in industrial sales preferred
- The ideal candidate will be an individual with 2+ years of experience in a technical sales or technical customer service role.
- Energetic, outgoing personality, quick learner, flexible and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, and able to interpret datasheets and drawings
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills, requires a passion for customers and customer service, a true customer advocate
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Strong organizational and time-management skills required
- 8:00 am to 5 pm
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Benefits Program
- Bi-weekly pay (direct deposit)
- Salary – CAD $(50,000 – 55,000)
Location: Appleby and QEW area, Burlington, ON
If you have a strong desire to advance your career and are willing to work hard to achieve it, forward a copy of your resume, providing details of salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please. The company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Apply for this position