TO: ALL ZOOK EMPLOYEES
FROM: GREG CLARK
The CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) situation is evolving by the hour. Several new company practices have been added below in RED. PLEASE read the document very carefully to ensure your understanding and compliance. If you have questions, please let your Manager, HR, or myself know.
With Coronavirus spreading across the globe, it is VERY IMPORTANT for us to manage risk and ensure minimal business disruption by PROTECTING and potentially PREVENTING an impact to our EMPLOYEES, VENDORS, and CUSTOMERS.
Recognizing the potential exposure to illness from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) or the seasonal flu, we will like to enforce the following practices:
- SELF-ISOLATION, NO SYMPTOMS: In the event that you have a potential exposure, and you are well enough to work from home and your role allows for this activity. Contact your Manager and/or HR and we will advise on a case by case basis how to proceed.
- SELF-ISOLATION, NO SYMPTOMS: You are isolated but otherwise well, but cannot work from home. Contact your Manager and/or HR and we will advise on a case by case basis.
- PERSONAL ILLNESS: If you are sick and unable to attend work (due to coronavirus or any other illness) then usual sick time rules and procedures apply. Contact your Manager in the normal manner. If you become sick during the work day, please let your Manager and/or HR know immediately. We will send you home with the usual sick time rules and procedures applying. You will not be permitted to return to work until cleared by a doctor or other medical professional.
- COVID-19: If you are diagnosed with Coronavirus, please let you Manager and/or HR know immediately. You will not be permitted to return to work until cleared by a doctor or other medical professional.
- DEPENDENT ILLNESS: You are caring for a sick dependent (spouse or children): If you are unable to attend work due to caring for a sick dependent, then usual sick time rules and procedures apply – please contact your Manager or HR for advice.
- DEPENDENT (SCHOOL): In the event that schools in your area close due to the COVID-19 situation and there is an impact to your family, contact your Manager and/or HR and we will advise on a case by case basis how to proceed.
- PERSONAL TRAVEL: If you travel abroad but are unable to travel back as planned due to the coronavirus (or any other reason): Contact your Manager and/or HR, and we will advise on a case by case basis.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THERE WILL BE NO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL FOR WORK PURPOSES, AND DOMESTIC TRAVEL BY PLANE MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BY YOUR MANAGER. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH ANY BUSINESS TRAVEL, THEN PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MANAGER AND/OR HR, AND WE WILL ADVISE.
For those ZOOK employees who may be returning from a holiday or vacation, before you return to work, I am requiring that you contact your Manager or HR to provide full disclosure of types of travel, locations, and potential risks of exposure that may have occurred during your time away. In addition, if you chose to proceed with future travel for non business purposes, then before you return to work, I am requiring that you contact your Manager or HR to provide full disclosure of the types of travel, locations, and potential risks of exposure that may have occurred during your time away. On a case by case basis, you may be required to self quarantine for a period of 14 days before returning to work.
One of the best hospitals in the world, CLEVELAND CLINIC, provides some helpful tips to help protect you from the spread of the Coronavirus. I am providing some links to educate you. (These links safe and checked by Dave Leppelmeier, Global IT Director)
- WASH YOUR HANDS: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/17474-hand-washing
- CLEAN AND DISINFECT: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/whats-the-best-way-to-clean-your-house-after-someone-in-your-family-is-sick/?_ga=2.62659055.211527956.1583852061-1217624299.1578438958
- MAINTAIN HEALTHY HABITS: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/how-can-i-help-my-immune-system-perform-at-its-peak/?_ga=2.120305099.211527956.1583852061-1217624299.1578438958
- FOLLOW TRAVEL GUIDELINES: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
Another LINK to help provide you with valuable information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is on the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
The ZOOK leadership team is monitoring the situation closely and will offer further GUIDANCE should the situation change. If you have any questions, then let ME, your MANAGER or your HR MANAGER know. Thank you.